My beautiful big brother...

...left this earth on Monday the 21st of January 2008. I loved him so much. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye and neither did a lot of you. This is our chance to show him how much we loved him, how much he made us smile, laugh, cry, dance, get annoyed, learn something new, get in trouble, or be inspired. Every memory is welcome here and I hope if you have something to relate, even if it's small, a funny story or a experience you had with Jigme, you'll write it down here, so we can all remember how incandescent the fire of his soul burned; bright and pure.

If you'd like to write your own post or upload a picture, please send me an email so that I can add that email address to the site's administration and make you an author. It's no trouble, in fact I'd like as many people to contribute to this site as possible. Thanks, Urgyan

Monday, January 28, 2008

From around the world..

I am pretty much still at a loss for words, so instead I'll share with you some words from around the world from his friends and family in the hopes that it'll inspire you..

He is going to be so incredibly deeply missed.

Just letting you know that we are thinking about all the great times we had with Jigme. He will be missed, but will live on in our stories and minds and hearts. He was an old soul and is no doubt watching over us now.

He taught me so many things when I knew him. All those things live on with me today and I really think he made a positive impact on so many people's lives.

I loved him very much.

We all loved him because he was free .....and one of the purest lil souls a kid could ever meet.....

I have many fun memories of times past with him- he was a great guy, full of smiles and cheekiness wherever he went. He will be sorely missed but never forgotten.

It's a huge loss for us all - as Jigme had touched a lot of people's hearts in his very cheery and carefree ways. Some of the best times, I can remember Jig being around to share with.

Jigme was an awesome guy, truly one of a kind and he will be missed terribly...

And finishing with my favourite.. :)

And as Jig used to say, with a deep voice, and all seriousness......"Peace!!!!...........in the middle east......." followed by a slight chuckle and a smile you could never forget.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling I may be posting a lot in this blog.....given the amount of time I had spent with Jigme.

We called ourselves the Boo J Brothers - it was Jig, Nick, and myself, the triple threat that always stood up for each other, and were inseparable during those years on the Island School playground. What always fascinated me about Jig was his incredible imagination, and you could tell when he had this sudden influx of ideas, and get-rich schemes. You could see the life in him suddenly flare up. Jig always wanted to write books, or invent something. Really amazing.

But we also got into a lot of mischief hanging out together, and it's a good thing that we never got caught for most of the things that we've done. *shaking my head*

Jigme's big laugh will always be at the forefront of all my thoughts of him. The way he would stamp his foot, and curl his arms up to his chest and just laugh and laugh.

James Glynn and I are currently scouring the earth collecting and scanning photos. We're hoping to put together a quick slideshow on youtube.

See you in the next post.

- Byron.

mainland said...

My memories of Jigme hail from the compound of the friendship hotel in Beijing in the early 80's. Urgyan and I were newly best friends, and although we rarely see each other these days I like to think we still are.

Jigme was the older and infinitely cooler brother, while we were busy carving chalk sticks to make fairy dust he was be zooming up and down on his bike throwing our chalk about with his friends and driving us mad...! I once crept into his room and found a little knife hiding behind his books... it came in very helpful for our chalk carving when he wasn't around, but I didnt know him well. He was just a scary big brother, as they all are when you're 5!

Many years later (probably 10) he would take us to Ocean World in HK on one of his visits back from the States...To this day I still blame him for making us eat ALL the icecream just before we went on the "big" rides, and for getting me stoned for the first time in a cable car about 100 ft up and with noweher to hide! But I would never have told him so as he was still older and still way, way cooler...

The last time I saw Jigme was about 10 years ago at the apartment on Queen Elizabeth Road, we all sat by the open windows late into the night while he kept us up with fantastical stories of trips and adventures he had taken with friends through the Arizona dessert, mystical insights into Buddhism and stories hailing from so many other religous practices.

I have genuinely spent 10 years retelling many of those stories, some word for word for their humour, other have no doubt drifted in and out of my own conversations, thoughts and beliefs. For that intimidating little 10 year old had turned into a really rather fascinating young man, and he was devillishly handsome too!

Next time I am at my mother's I will find some pictures. As Urgyan can no doubt confirm, we were rather cute little things!

xcx

Anonymous said...

Nick Hart,
From one Boo J Brother to another, At the time of discovering the news and this blog an avalanche of memories has stunned me. I was very close with Jigme as i grew up as im sure anyone who knew him from school will know. I promise to disclose as many adventures as i can remember also some of the more mischievious things that we got up to shortly. Anyone who wants to catch up nick@hartbeat.com.au
My Love to u all.
I'll write 2moz.

Anonymous said...

Even though it’s been quite some time ago now since dating Jig (1992), my first real boyfriend, this news has hit me quite hard!
Still wondering what has happened to him I am going down memory lane remembering the day I first met him down at Thingummies…gosh was he good looking!
We have shared many special and unforgettable moments together from then on and he will always stay in my memory as a VERY important person in my life!

Alex