My beautiful big brother...

...left this earth on Monday the 21st of January 2008. I loved him so much. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye and neither did a lot of you. This is our chance to show him how much we loved him, how much he made us smile, laugh, cry, dance, get annoyed, learn something new, get in trouble, or be inspired. Every memory is welcome here and I hope if you have something to relate, even if it's small, a funny story or a experience you had with Jigme, you'll write it down here, so we can all remember how incandescent the fire of his soul burned; bright and pure.

If you'd like to write your own post or upload a picture, please send me an email so that I can add that email address to the site's administration and make you an author. It's no trouble, in fact I'd like as many people to contribute to this site as possible. Thanks, Urgyan

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jigme

Often when people pass away we feel compelled to recall their finer qualities, opting to forget their weaker points; not so with Jig – the latter did not exist in his sphere. I suspect people will convey exactly what they would have should he still be alive; Jig personified inspiration. I can safely say Jig, without fail, constantly left me better than he found me. I was always proud to tell people that I knew Jig – and whenever I introduced him to anyone, I was comfortable in the knowledge they would admire him as much as I did.

No matter what mood I greeted him with, Jigme knew exactly what to do or say, whether I was happy, sad, or simply non-plus. Jig taught me the value of living on the edge, as well as showing me how not to jump of it. Something no one could accuse him of being was ignorant; far from it, he exuded such a broad range of knowledge on all subjects, it was awe inspiring.

Only you will know what I mean when I say this, but you introduced me to a world that filled what was once an empty one. You remain responsible for instigating some of the best friendships I continue to enjoy to this day – you educated me in the lost art of conversation - I'll miss you bro.

Your friend always,

James

No comments: