My beautiful big brother...

...left this earth on Monday the 21st of January 2008. I loved him so much. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye and neither did a lot of you. This is our chance to show him how much we loved him, how much he made us smile, laugh, cry, dance, get annoyed, learn something new, get in trouble, or be inspired. Every memory is welcome here and I hope if you have something to relate, even if it's small, a funny story or a experience you had with Jigme, you'll write it down here, so we can all remember how incandescent the fire of his soul burned; bright and pure.

If you'd like to write your own post or upload a picture, please send me an email so that I can add that email address to the site's administration and make you an author. It's no trouble, in fact I'd like as many people to contribute to this site as possible. Thanks, Urgyan

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Young Jigme

Here are a few memories of mine....

The many times Jigme made funny faces. Grimaces, I
never imagined possible. It was hilarious when he
pulled a face and changed his voice to suit it.

When the idea came to Jigme to experiment with the
water in the tiny, but deep, dipping pool on our roof
by motivating us to go around and around and around
in that tiny pool, and ever faster, just to create a
current that would move us, when we stopped, a few
centimeters further than the one we created before.
This naturally escalated into us becoming the creators
of waves and storms, of course.

When Jigme came over to play Zelda/ Mario Bros. Many a
time with new tricks and secrets... god knows how he
got hold of them!

Jigme taking a buzz out of pretending to be Freddy
Krueger holding his hand up and moving his fingers, as
if he really wore that metal-clawed glove, whilst topping
it by muttering, 'Come to Freddy!'

Jigme telling me the whole story of the pet cemetary
so vividly that it wasn't even scary when I first
watched it! Same goes for Freddy Krueger Nightmare on
Elm street! He was quite a storyteller.

Up in the ford, whilst playing sardines, Jigme was
always the most difficult to find and it was always a
challenge to find the others before he did.

Jigme singing 'Coz I am fat, I am fat, you know
it....' by "Weird Al" Yankovic, whilst doing the moon
walk.

I surely cherish the times spent with Jigme - he was
truely inspiring and astonishing in all his ways.

No comments: